Thursday 21 March 2013

Baileys And Nutella, Surprise Cake

I thought I'd do something nice for a friend, since I was working late on last weeks game. Grandslam! And I had no way of getting home, she kindly let me crash with her for the evening. (Did anyone else see the chaos that was a celebrating Cardiff city? It was brilliant and hectic!) Since her birthday was coming up and no one would be around due to Easter recess, I planned a little surprise for her and baked my first 2 tier cake. Proud moment. Haha. 







This was the first time I tried this recipe so obviously I had to make two cakes, just to be sure it tasted ok! But it was just as gorgeous and moist as expected. With more than enough Baileys so the taste wasn't lost! After a tense 30 minutes waiting for people to turn up before the Birthday girl, we had a gorgeous tapas lunch and way too much cake! But we've loved the  La Tasca chain ever since we all met in late September, so if you haven't already, I highly recommend you do!! By the end we literally had to roll home, but it was worth it. Needless to say, we did not eat dinner that night.

Ingredients:
270ml Baileys Cream Liqueur
40g Butter
70g Caster Sugar
2 Eggs
4 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
250g Flour
200g Hazelnuts

Nutella

Method:
1. In a large saucepan melt butter.
2. Remove from heat, whisk in sugar.
3. Beat in eggs.
4. Add Baileys, mix well.
5. Sift in salt, baking powder, flour.
6. Fill a tall 20cm greased tin, bake for 45 mins.

7. Outline the cake with buttercream to build a filling 'wall' fill space with Nutella.
8. After a dirty ice, blend hazelnuts to a course mix.
9. Gently press around cake to decorate.

Until Next Time xo






7 comments:

  1. This looks so good! And I love La Tasca :D

    Jesss xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum yum, this looks amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baileys and nutella my favorite !


    Http://Fashioneiric.blogspot.com

    Coline ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm waiting for you to open some kinda restaurant! I'll be there in a SHOT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You're so talented, that cake looks so delish. YUM!!! Thankyou for your lovely comment on my post, I really appreciate it and I'm now following you! xx

    http://reddutchess.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete