Halloween is only 25 days away. My god. I don't even have a costume yet! I want the trickle treaters ( I mean trick or treaters, but I've always said trickle) this year to have something a little different. I've done a trial run of some cookies I'm planning on giving out. I've got a few ideas for other creepy, gross treats. But they're for another time!
100g unsalted butter
100g caster sugar
275g plain flour
1tsp vanilla extract
1. Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
2. Add the egg and vanilla, mix again
3. Fold in the flour until it forms a dough mixture
4. Roll out dough, by dusting the surface with flour first and cut shapes
5. For jack face, use the lid of vanilla extract bottle to cut eyes
6. Place all biscuits onto a baking sheet and preheat oven at 190 degrees
7. Place hard boiled candies into eye holes and they will melt into place
8. After cooling decorate with writing icing.
Make sure to use boiled candies and not sugar ( My sugar eyes burnt or did not melt at all!)
These are pretty sweet, but the kids loved them. My little brother wont eat jack, he think's he's too scary! Awww.
I denied this guy a face completely because he couldn't decide if he wanted to melt or not melt.
Until next time xo