Friday 8 March 2013

Mother's Day Cupcakes

This post is slightly late in the making but you've still got time!! Mothers day is on Sunday if you have forgotten, but it's hard to with all these adverts everywhere! If you were thinking of getting your mum something from of the shelf... something she could probably predict, or useless cheap pamper box sets don't bother! This is much cheaper, more heart felt and delicious.. of course!




I got sent this gorgeous icing flower press from Culpitt and I couldn't wait to use it! The instructions were really simple but I wasn't convinced! I was really surprised to find how easy it was to use. All you need is your colour choice of icing, icing sugar and a rolling pin. Simple dust the mould on the raised side, lay some rolled out icing on top and roll again. At first every time I tried to pull the flowers out, they would tear. But if you roll with a fair amount of pressure they come up very nicely and cut themselves out! I also used some of the food paint they gave me just to bring out the accent of the prints, you could use some lustre dust or a shimmer spray if you haven't got any.






I think they look very cute and loving, these roses don't even have to be specific to mothers day! I'm thinking of layering these around a tiered cake, what do you think? The base of this cupcake is a gorgeous chocolate (yes Nutella again!) cake, but this is the lightest and softest cake I've ever baked so here's the most simple recipe that shocked me at how moist and goodddd it was! If you have any questions leave a comment and if you bake any, tweet me a picture at @ericahenderson and I'll post it below! :) 

Ingredients:
100g Self Raising Flour
100g Caster Sugar
100g Butter
2 Eggs
2 Tablespoons of Nutella
1 Tea spoon of Baking Soda

1. Beat all ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.

So simple!!


I'll be doing Easter cakes and cupcakes soon too, using some of these and maybe these. So if you want to be prepared and bake with me when my recipes go online get some now as they have an offer on! Buy any set of easter products and get 6 cake liners or egg rings free! :O Happy baking!


Until Next Time xo

1 comment:

  1. This post is sooooooo sweet and soooooo cute!!!
    kiss,
    www.detailsdestyle.com

    ReplyDelete