I'd love to take credit for this monstrosity but I stole the idea from yoyomax12 from youtube click to watch. She's a baking mad mum who makes some amazing cupcakes which I'm obsessed with copying. Instead of using green icing for grass, I made a pandan cake instead. Which is an Asian cake using pandan leaf extract and coconut milk. It tastes amazing, which I thought was more interesting than just chocolate.
120g unsalted butter
220g caster sugar
1 tsp pandan paste
250ml coconut milk
300g plain flour
1. Preheat oven to 170 deg C
2. Whisk butter and sugar until pale and light
3. Add egg one at a time until well mixed
4. In a small bowl mix the pandan paste with some coconut milk until dissolved
5. Add the pandan mix to the butter mixture and mix well
6. Add the remaining coconut milk and flour alternating, careful not to curdle. Fold in
7. Fill cupcakes 3/4 way full
8. Cook for 25 minutes
9. Skewer the cakes, a clean stick is a cooked cake.
10. Watch video for decorating tutorial
These look so gross but they taste amazing!
Until next time xo