Monday 14 January 2013

Pina Colada Procrastination Cupcakes

Happy New Year to all my readers! I've been away revising for exams... or not. But I'm back with the first post of 2013! I'm going to save you the cliche 'here are my resolutions'. Along with many of you, I've spent the majority of my days procrastinating. I mean to an extreme! But here's one that turned out worth while... Pina Colada Cupcakes.





Mango... because I forgot to keep some pineapple! 


Recipe:
300g flour
230g soft butter
220g sugar
4 eggs
200ml coconut milk
40ml dark rum
140g pineapple, into chunks
Icing:
230g soft butter
90ml coconut milk
1tsp vanilla extract
580g icing sugar
20ml dark rum
100g desiccated coconut

Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
1. Cream butter and sugar
2. Add eggs and mix well after each addition
3. Mix in flour and coconut milk in thirds alternating
4. Fill a third of each cupcake case, top with pineapple chunks
5. Cover pineapple with more cake batter
6. Cook for 20 minutes or until stick comes out clean
7. Mix all icing ingredients together in a clean bowl
8. On a low heat, gently toast half the sprinkling coconut 
9. Wait for cakes to cool before piping
10. Pipe and sprinkle half non toasting and half toasting coconut

If anyone was wondering what tip I used for this, Its just a plain open tip. I will get a photo soon! I apologise in advance for all those who have started their New Years 'diet'. Give up and join us on the dark side!
Until Next Time xo

2 comments:

  1. I can imagine singing "I like pina coladas" whilst eating these! I love your blog!

    http://cherrystainedcigarettes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound amazing, I'll definitely be making them at the weekend when I'm meant to be writing my essay! Haha.

    Jesss xo

    ReplyDelete