If like me you went to a concert and wanted the souvenir top but it was £20!! Or just seen one around and thought, I could make that. Well, most likely you can. I've wanted my own RUN DMC t-shirt for so long after finally matching its tricky with the group. I'm so bad at linking artist to song.
This is ridiculously simple. You will need:
- Masking tape
- A t-shirt
- Spray paints
- An outdoor space
|Listen to the Jam Master as he starts to rock|
- Using masking tape, stick down your design to the garment. Keep in mind the colour will be around the design. If you want the design to be coloured, mask around as if making a border.
- Place on top of cardboard or newspapers in a well ventilated area, spray 6in' from shirt.
- As you get closer to the ends, bring the can further from the top towards your body for a faded edge.
- Leave to dry.
- For the first wash, clean by hand as the paint will run.
- After this you can wash as normal.
Tip - Don't spray too close as the colour will run under the tape and bleed.